Monday, November 17, 2008

A Mourning in Reading

Today I put on the black clothing, closed the drapes, and turned up the emo music: the UPS Man came to take my Xbox 360 away.

Red Ring of Death

After I cleaned up the mock funeral I'd held and burned the small squirrel used in the sacrificial ritual, I decided I'd best get on wimyths_chicken_soup_03_10th my blogging. About two months ago my Xbox (I call it Boxxie) suffered a small malady, known by most gamers as the "Red Rings of Death"...or hepatitis x. Of course, I tried the usual old-wives remedy of three towels and some chicken soup; but found that the chicken soup would've voided the warranty...so I stuck with the towels.

Anyway, for the next two weeks I'll have to find something else to do besides ignoring Boxxie and cheating on her with Twitter or Facebook. I've given some thought to returning to my true first love: Books. I've got three that are battling Conan-style for my attention: Feed, by M.T. Anderson; Pattern Recognition, by William Gibson; and The Green-Collar Economy, by Van Jones.

Feed-Book pattern-recognition-big-cover-rectGreen Collar Economy

Whichever of the first two Sci-Fi Techno-Thrillers grabs my eye, I'll certainly be checking out The Green-Collar Economy, which I strongly recommend each of you do as well! That is, if you love the Earth and want to have a better Economy in America?

P.S. No Squirrels were harmed in the making of this blog.

P.S.S. But several Cups of Coffee gave their lives to see this Post come through.

No comments: