Tuesday, March 31, 2009

“La Moustache”

Last night I watched a wonderful French film titled “La Moustache” (2005), directed by Emmanuel Carrére.  ItLaMoustache was the story of an amazing journey into madness and mystery, as the plot centers around the strange happenings of a man who decides to shave his mustache on a whim!

 

I actually love foreign movies, even to the point of preferring them to traditional Hollywood fare. What I enjoy most about them is their general respect for the audience. Foreign directors are less apt to treat their viewers as too stupid to appreciate a complex plot…or even a plot at all. Sadly, most of the big premium movie channels show little in the way of Independent or foreign films, so what I usually do is either rent them or check them out free from my local Library. That’s certainly a good place to start, and since they’re free, you risk nothing if the movie doesn’t quite live up to your tastes.

No comments: